Bridget leads the UK Privacy and Cybersecurity practice at Hunton Andrews Kurth.
Her practice focuses on all aspects of privacy, data protection, information governance and e-commerce issues for multinational companies across a broad range of industry sectors. Bridget’s background in complex technology transactions (including wide-ranging experience of advising on sourcing agreements, strategic alliances and other collaborative arrangements with a technology focus) enable her to advise on the specific data protection and information governance issues that occur in a commercial context. Bridget is the editor of the specialist privacy journal “Privacy and Data Protection”, and has contributed to a number of published texts. According to Chambers UK, “She is stellar, one of the leading thinkers on data protection, providing practical solutions to thorny legal issues.”
In January 2011, Bridget was named as London Office Managing Partner.
- Advised numerous clients on strategies for cross border data transfers, using Model Clauses, Safe Harbor and Binding Corporate Rules.
- Advised clients on the EU data protection implications of cloud-based data processing.
- Counseled clients on EU data breach notification requirements, including negotiations with regulators and responses to enforcement proceedings.
- Advised clients on the creation of innovative databases in a privacy compliant manner.
- Advised clients on the structure and implementation of privacy programs.
- Conducted privacy assessments of the online information practices of numerous multinational companies including in the media, financial services, retail and technology sectors.