In conjunction with Practical Law, The Centre for Legal Leadership is hosting a series of webinars throughout 2021 aimed at in-house lawyers.
Making ethical calls when advising your organisation
Date: 3 March 2021 (2:00pm-3:30pm)
In-house lawyers are subject to the ethical requirements of their professional bodies and their roles will often take them into areas that cover legal compliance and, increasingly, business ethics. This can highlight important issues relating to the purpose and independence of the in-house lawyer.
Leading this discussion will be our guest presenters, Frances Nash CB, Legal Director for the Department for Work and Pensions, and Gavin Tagg, General Counsel, Adecco UK. The discussion will be moderated by Anthony Inglese and Paul Bentall of CLL, and will include a Q&A session.
Structuring and resourcing your legal team
Date: 19 May 2021
Legal teams are regularly restructured to meet the developing needs of an organisation. The catalyst for these changes may be a crisis, a merger, an expansion or budgetary cuts, or simply because the existing structure is no longer effective. Among other things, this webinar will consider:
- Questions to ask yourself before deciding on the right structure for your team.
- How to decide the correct size and scope of your team.
- Using external resources to help you deliver legal services.
- Developing your legal strategy and making the case for resources.
Leading the discussion will be guest presenters, Mel Nebhrajani CB, Director of Litigation for the Government Legal Department and Richard Tapp, Solicitor and Chartered Governance Professional. This webinar will include a Q&A session.
Developing your career in-house
Date: 30 June 2021
This webinar will explore how to develop a successful and rewarding career in-house and how you can influence how it progresses. It will be of particular interest to lawyers who have recently moved in-house or are thinking of doing so. The discussion will cover, among other things:
- The core skills in-house lawyers need to develop.
- How to take advantage of new opportunities.
- Managing up, down and sideways.
- Mentors, sponsors and networks.
Building your reputation and personal networks
Date: 8 September 2021
How we rise to new challenges, deal with setbacks, establish our reputation and build supportive networks are all important to our personal and professional development. This webinar will discuss how to:
- Become more resilient.
- Respond when things go wrong.
- Build trust with colleagues.
- Develop a network.
Leading and managing in-house legal teams
Date: 19 October 2021
Whether you lead a team, work within one or aspire to lead a team, it is always helpful to understand the leadership and management context in which you work. This webinar will look at different approaches to leadership and management. For example, it will discuss:
- Leadership in an in-house legal context.
- How to develop management skills.
- Leading through change.
- Leading and managing recruitment and staff development.
New to in-house: what you need to know on day one
Date: 23 November 2021
Making the transition from private practice to in-house can be a culture shock. This webinar is aimed at those in the early stages of an in-house career and lawyers thinking of making the move in-house. Among other things, it will consider:
- How to work well with managers and colleagues.
- The wants and needs of internal clients.
- Using external lawyers effectively.
- How to make a contribution across your organisation.
To pre-register at any session please contact email@example.com.